I want to take the train to Shanghai? Suggestions ??

Post a question about Nanjing, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

I want to take the train to Shanghai? Suggestions ??

Postby samba2nite » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 am

My family (four adults and four kids) will be visiting nanjing in late september. We would love to take the train to shanghai for the day. We are americans who do not speak chinese - we can get buy on some french and spanish....but chinese....uh nope.

This seems like an easy task since the last time we were in china (guangxi and guangdong) everywhere we went we were able to find someone that spoke english and could read the signs. I would expect Shanghai to be pretty westernized and english plentiful. Am I correct in making this assumption?

How easy is it to make this day trip? How shall we go about scheduling this? Any suggestions on what we should see and do in Shanghai?

We are a family of history buffs if that helps....oh yeah and we LOVE to eat!

samba in sac
samba2nite
Esquire

Re: I want to take the train to Shanghai? Suggestions ??

Postby alexss » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:02 pm

very easy. take a newly launched bullet train, a high-speed train, 250km/hr in speed, you reach shanghai in 2 hrs and forty mins.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby starking73 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:09 am

Or take any train starting with D, such as D-223. D means fast train with less stops. need around 4 hours.
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby jdor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 am

Bullet trains can reach a speed of 350 km per hour, taking about 1 hour and 15 min from Shanghai to Nanjing, 45 min from Shanghai to Hangzhou.
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Return to Questions and answers