Getting chin driving license

Post a question about Nanjing, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

Getting chin driving license

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:59 am

Hello,

iam trying to get the chinese driving license. A translation office which would help me at the vehicle management
station told me that its not possible in china with F visa. According to my information it is, but you have to have a 6 month or
longer visa, at least this works in shanghai. Should be the same in Nanjing right?
Has anyone any experiences in this? Friend who speaks tried to ask entry exit bureau and vehicle management station over phone, but they dont know themselfs. All they say just come by, bring all your stuff, then we will see, they even said they will
then check online how this works...

somebody has to know how this works...

Re: Getting chin driving license

Postby alexss » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 am

Have you already read them:
http://www.jiangsu.net/info/info/visa.php
http://www.jiangsu.net/info/info/driving.php
Use the Forum's search engine on the right upper corner and search "driver license". I've remembered some threads discussed the issue.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby tor.liu » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 am

You must ask their charge and some of services charge too much.
tor.liu
Baijue / Earl

Postby event » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am

i found the other thread:
"1. bring photos, orinigal passport and work/resident permit. For your safe, bring a proof of address."

photo, passport, proof of address no problem. but what is this work/resident permit?

P.S.: Some google helped, now i know what it is. I still dont understand why my company didnt apply for one, but maybe since iam only doing internship i maybe dont need one. Still, with 6 month F Visum it should work now at least it works in shanghai.
maybe ill just go to the vehicle bureau and see what happens
event
Esquire

Postby event » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm

went to the vehicle management station, from what i understood the problem is that my 6 month visa was given out by
entry exit bureau in shanghai. since nanjing is different province i would need a additional permit of residence given out by bureau in
nanjing. since iam in shanghai for a few weeks son i will try my luck there again.
feels a little bit bureaucratic :)
event
Esquire

Postby KPT » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:18 am

your driver license thread
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:32 am

Hey guys, if you've got Hong Kong as part of your regular travels, they have quite a few driving school that does China license applications. They don't even need a test as long as you have an overseas license, you can see more info here: http://www.leekin.com.hk/D10-ChinaLicence.html

It was cheaper for me since I'm a dual Canadian/HK permanent resident with a China return pass.

Good luck and stay safe on the roads!

Postby guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 am

Hello everyone,
I just want to say that from 1st April 2010 the new law has been passed in Jiangsu also.
Shortly, if you have visa more than 3 month you can apply for drive lycense.
There some other docs needed, like where you registered, pictures, etc... not so many.
If you have oversees driving lycense you do not need to pass practical part, only theoretical one.

Postby alexss » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 am

william123 wrote:I am also trying to get it but i fail twice time in it.My all family is depend upon me if i will get it than i will earn money.Please help me how i can get it.I will be very thankful to you.

check the threads posted on this forum and there are a lot of information there.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Return to Questions and answers