driver's license and cigarettes

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Jiangsu, about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

driver's license and cigarettes

Postby hombre7 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:20 am

Hi I will be moving to Nantong in next 2 months and I would like to know what do you need to get a chinese driver's license I will have my Canadian and International license with me plus I will be staying in Nantong for a few years working,,also I would like to know how much money do I have to pay for a pack of cigarettes anywhere in China on the streets,, stores,, whatever and do they have imported cigarettes available like Marlboro,, thank you very much for your information.
Last edited by hombre7 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
hombre7
Qishi / Knight

Re: driver's license and cigarettes

Postby starking73 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:08 am

Your international Driver License may not work in China and Jiangsu... you have to get a China's license but not difficult.. more in the link
http://www.jiangsu.net/info/info/driving.php
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby alexss » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Any drivers license including international license is not enough to drive. have to pass test here. cigarettes limit is 2 packs i guess.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby alexss » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:38 am

sorry for not being accurate with cigarettes: 400 cigarettes (20 US packs). but if you will stay in China more than 6 months, 600 cigarettes are the number for duty-free allowance.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby ivy_000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:34 pm

I just wanna say...even if you have driving license, you probably will find it difficult to start with... Chinese drivers are really rude!!!!! especially taxi drivers! Anyway, its cheap to get taxi, so its not necessary to drive
ivy_000
Zijue / Viscount

Postby j.kott » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm

ivy_000 wrote:I just wanna say...even if you have driving license, you probably will find it difficult to start with... Chinese drivers are really rude!!!!! especially taxi drivers! Anyway, its cheap to get taxi, so its not necessary to drive

I definitely agree with the fact that Chinese drivers are unbelievably rude!! I almost got ran over the first time I went to Wuxi. I don't know how they can get by without running over someone sometimes in their driving career. I heard that in some places, they don't need to go through formal trainings to get a license - they can basically buy one with minimal training if they have the money! A lot of the drivers don't even know there is something called "blind spot", so they will swurve around until they suddenly realize that there is a car next to them. As for taxi drivers, I was freaked out once when this driver missed a pedestrian by like an inch :o :o I suggest that you be mentally prepared for the driving condition when you arrive in China!
j.kott

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Helloo,
I also want make DL in Nantong, If any body know about this please send me private message, Or reply in post . your help would be appriciate.
Rgds
Scott
Scott
Qishi / Knight

Postby cherylin2013 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

scott

I have a friend who can make drive license. If you want, I can give you his mobile phone:18936162345 call him mapheo
cherylin2013

Postby jwhahn » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:49 pm

I want a temperary license for my travel in China and somebody told me that my international driving license was not valid by Chinese driving regulation. I have to participate a writing test to pass in order to get it. Where can register to get an appointment?
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Postby BradClark » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:37 pm

There is no temporary or international driving license in China. You need to report to your local PSB with your valid international driving license, stamped translation, passport, 3 passport photos, resident permit and visa page photo copy as well as your health check book. Fill in the paperwork then apply and pay for the computer test. You need to get 95 out of 100 correct and if you are successful they issue you with a China driving license.
BradClark
Esquire

Next

Return to Discussion and chat