Yangzhou Gyms

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Yangzhou? Post your message here!

Yangzhou Gyms

Postby mohrland » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:17 pm

So is there any good gyms in YZ? I have been trying to find one close to my home which is north of dowtown. I have visited two so far, one just north of the Wenchang Pavillion on Men He North Rd. and one to the east on Wenchang Middle Rd.

The one to the east had just opened, it had a limited amount of very used equipment. I think the membership was around 1100 RMB/year. The equipment was not good for someone looking to lift but maybe ok if your looking for a treadmill and spinning.

The one to the north is quite old but offers a better selection of eqipment. However much of it is in rough shape I think you could get a proper lift session done in there. The old carpeting and everything else gives it a very bad environment though. I think the price was also similar to the previous one...

That said I think I may look into one in the living mall area or Surmount fitness in the east. I used this brand in Chongqing and it was 700/year and pretty nice, but I heard the one in YZ is just a table tennis club. Anyone been to either of these?
mohrland
Qishi / Knight

Re: Yangzhou Gyms

Postby alexss » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:46 am

Yes, I've heard some gyms are closed in past months.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby mohrland » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:35 am

Checked them out, the one in the east was another hole.

Sunmy was nice, having an indoor pool and very nice equipment. Price was around 1800 for gym and almost 5000 for gym and pool.

Then went to Highland near the living mall. It's gym was very nice. Also have inddor badminton and table tennis. Gym membership was 1380 per year for couple, slightly higher for single person. It's the best value for the money I found though.
mohrland
Qishi / Knight

Postby anitavanderwolf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:56 pm

GYM Info I found and translated in English for u:

1. Garden international Hotel
Address: 101 Weiyang Rd Ph:0514-87878888

2. Kingsport Fitness Club
Adress: 277 Wenchang Middle Rd Ph: 0514-87938060

3. Champain Fitness Club
Address: 63 Yangzijiang Middle Rd

4. Orient Fitness Club
Address: 317 Wenhui East Rd Ph: 0514-87781278
anitavanderwolf
Nanjue / Baron

Postby KPT » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:17 am

all of them are very nice gyms.
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby mohrland » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks for all the replies. :D However I was looking for something with more weightlifting equipment, especially a good amount of free weights. So it still looks like highland is maybe the best option for me. Just wish it wasn't so far out.
mohrland
Qishi / Knight

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

We go to gym in Yangzhou. I don't know what it is called but it is by RT Mart (Supermarket). It is good enough, not anything flashy and is about $80 US a year.

You may want to check it out if you haven't already.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Continuing on, my husband does weights there and seems happy with them. Definetely not brand new or anything but it does the job.

Will cost more then $80 as it was a special price

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Whent to see 2 gyms today..

1st was a joke

2nd was the one as mentioned above at the "RT-Mart".. Pretty old, but many weights for weight liftting in a pretty large room.. 1 year for 718 RMB... For pumping it up - it is fine... and I will get a membership.

Postby Ice » Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Where about is this gym near the "RT-Mart"? Is it by the old "RT-Mart"? Near the restaurant street? Does anyone have their phone number or address?
Ice

Return to Lifestyle and recreation